List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Henrik Ingo Date:February 16 2011 10:24pm
Subject:Re: Performance issue old server witn mysql 4 vs new server with
mysql 5 and old server WINS!
View as plain text
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Andrés Tello <mr.criptos@stripped> wrote:
> I have a test process, which runs in the "old server" in 35 seconds, the new
> server runs the same process in 110.
>
> There is a change of version from mysql 4.1.22 to  5.1.22.
> We were stuck at 5.1.22 because higher version give us another issules like
> encoding, case sensitivity...

Hi. For 5.0 or 5.1 you should really use the most recent versions.
5.1.22 is beta software, the first stable (GA) release was 5.1.30.

For best performance, you might be better off going directly to 5.5 series.

henrik

--
henrik.ingo@stripped
+358-40-5697354 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559
Thread
Performance issue old server witn mysql 4 vs new server with mysql 5and old server WINS!Andrés Tello13 Feb
  • Re: Performance issue old server witn mysql 4 vs new server withmysql 5 and old server WINS!Henrik Ingo16 Feb
Re: Performance issue old server witn mysql 4 vs new server withmysql 5 and old server WINS!Andrés Tello17 Feb