List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:February 16 2011 12:47pm
Subject:Re: Replication issue
View as plain text

Am 16.02.2011 13:39, schrieb Carl:
> I was describing how long it takes to do a mysqldump, move the data,
> load the data in the slave and then restart the slave.

I would never do this with dumps because

* text-files -> *brrrrr*
* size
* overhead

Really important is that you stop the slave before
you stop the master so no newer files can be
on the slave and you probably are very fast
rsync the backup from the master because here also
only diffs going over the network

Below my default-script for re-init a mysql-replication
make sure modify datadir and service-comamnd on non redhat

after that you have under /datadir-bkp/ a 100% consistent copy
without any binlogs and a running master with a fresh binlog

use "--compress" while rsync this backup to your slave
_____________________

echo ""
echo "prepare"
date
rsync --times --perms --owner --group --recursive --delete-after /datadir/ /datadir-bkp/
date
echo ""
echo ""

if ([ "$1" != "really" ])
 then
  echo "Please use 'really' as Param to make the cold backup"
  exit
fi

echo "stopping mysqld and make cold backup"
date
echo ""
echo ""

service mysqld stop
cd /datadir/
rm -f /datadir/bin*
rsync --progress --times --perms --owner --group --recursive --delete-after /datadir/
/datadir-bkp/
service mysqld start

echo ""
echo ""
echo "backup finsihed and mysqld startet"
date
echo ""
echo ""

I have never used the rsync process... I will try it out in the in the middle of the night
when I have

--

Mit besten Grüßen, Reindl Harald
the lounge interactive design GmbH

Replication issueCarl16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueSuresh Kuna16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueReindl Harald16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueElizabeth Mattijsen16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueCarl16 Feb