List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:February 16 2011 12:02pm
Subject:Re: Replication issue
View as plain text
I can not believe that this would take 24 hours
since rsync with compression is very efficient
and on the other hand - who cares, the master
is not down if you do this in the order i described

Am 16.02.2011 12:57, schrieb Carl:
>> are you saying to restart the slave in question from a good copy of the
>> master that I know to be good?
>
> Reindl Harald replied:
>
> yes!
>
> there is a reason why the salve stops to work and in my opinion
> the only save way to get a 100% clean slave is clone it again
> from the stopped master
>
> Carl:
>
> I was hoping to avoid that because it approximately 24 hours to move the master data
> to the slave.
> I know that is the only way to be certain they are sync'd but is there any other
> way?

Replication issueCarl16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueSuresh Kuna16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueReindl Harald16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueElizabeth Mattijsen16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueCarl16 Feb