List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 16 2011 11:46am
Subject:Re: Replicating to mysql5.1 from 5.0 master?
View as plain text
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Machiel Richards <machielr@stripped>wrote:

>         Due to differences within the 2 versions, we had to exclude the
> mysql database from the backup and restore.

Yep :-)

>                    When setting up the replication, should we still
> exclude the mysql database from the replication and manually do any
> changes if required or can we replicate all databases without any
> problems?

Ah :-)

If you use statement-based replication, I would hazard a guess that grant
statements will replicate perfectly fine and will work as expected on both
sides (you DON'T pilfer with the authentication tables manually, do you?).
If you use row-based replication, I would definitely exclude the mysql
database.

The question is, however: how often do you need to change privileges or
routines during this migration period? I would assume rarely to not at all;
so why not just leave the mysql database out of the replication, just in
case ? You presumably already set it up manually on the new server, so just
let good enough alone.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Replicating to mysql5.1 from 5.0 master?Machiel Richards16 Feb
  • Re: Replicating to mysql5.1 from 5.0 master?Johan De Meersman16 Feb