List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Elizabeth Mattijsen Date:February 16 2011 11:23am
Subject:Re: Replication issue
View as plain text
First make sure that the "max_allowed_packet" setting is the same on both masters.

Make sure that setting is active on the slave in question.  Then start replication or
bounce the master (not sure which I did to fix this the last time I ran into this).

Elizabeth Mattijsen
On Feb 16, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Carl wrote:
> I am running master - master replication between two locations using MySQL version
> 5.1.41 on Slackware Linux 13 (64bit).
>
> The problem from show slave status is:
>
>                   Last_Error: Relay log read failure: Could not parse relay log event
> entry. The possible reasons are: the master's binary log is corrupted (you can check this
> by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the binary log), the slave's relay log is corrupted (you can
> check this by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the relay log), a network problem, or a bug in the
> master's or slave's MySQL code. If you want to check the master's binary log or slave's
> relay log, you will be able to know their names by issuing 'SHOW SLAVE STATUS' on this
> slave.
>                 Skip_Counter: 1
>          Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 552321409
>              Relay_Log_Space: 165412833
>              Until_Condition: None
>               Until_Log_File:
>                Until_Log_Pos: 0
>           Master_SSL_Allowed: No
>           Master_SSL_CA_File:
>           Master_SSL_CA_Path:
>              Master_SSL_Cert:
>            Master_SSL_Cipher:
>               Master_SSL_Key:
>        Seconds_Behind_Master: NULL
> Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
>                Last_IO_Errno: 1236
>                Last_IO_Error: Got fatal error 1236 from master when reading data from
> binary log: 'log event entry exceeded max_allowed_packet; Increase max_allowed_packet on
> master'
>               Last_SQL_Errno: 1594
>               Last_SQL_Error: Relay log read failure: Could not parse relay log event
> entry. The possible reasons are: the master's binary log is corrupted (you can check this
> by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the binary log), the slave's relay log is corrupted (you can
> check this by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the relay log), a network problem, or a bug in the
> master's or slave's MySQL code. If you want to check the master's binary log or slave's
> relay log, you will be able to know their names by issuing 'SHOW SLAVE STATUS' on this
> slave.
>
> I have tried telling it to skip that transaction (set global sql_slave_skip_counter =
> 1) to no avail.
>
> From what I have been able to determine from searching the Internet, it appears that
> the replication is failing replicating blobs ahich are basically jpg's of members.  If I
> understand the problem, it is caused by blob containing a character which is the same
> character that is used to mark the end of a transaction in the bin log.
>
> My questions: 1) Is this a reasonable/correct analysis and 2) how do I work around
> the issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

Thread
Replication issueCarl16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueSuresh Kuna16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueReindl Harald16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueElizabeth Mattijsen16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueCarl16 Feb