List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carl Date:February 16 2011 11:20am
Subject:Replication issue
View as plain text
I am running master - master replication between two locations using MySQL version 5.1.41
on Slackware Linux 13 (64bit).

The problem from show slave status is:

                   Last_Error: Relay log read failure: Could not parse relay log event
entry. The possible reasons are: the master's binary log is corrupted (you can check this
by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the binary log), the slave's relay log is corrupted (you can
check this by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the relay log), a network problem, or a bug in the
master's or slave's MySQL code. If you want to check the master's binary log or slave's
relay log, you will be able to know their names by issuing 'SHOW SLAVE STATUS' on this
slave.
                 Skip_Counter: 1
          Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 552321409
              Relay_Log_Space: 165412833
              Until_Condition: None
               Until_Log_File:
                Until_Log_Pos: 0
           Master_SSL_Allowed: No
           Master_SSL_CA_File:
           Master_SSL_CA_Path:
              Master_SSL_Cert:
            Master_SSL_Cipher:
               Master_SSL_Key:
        Seconds_Behind_Master: NULL
Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
                Last_IO_Errno: 1236
                Last_IO_Error: Got fatal error 1236 from master when reading data from
binary log: 'log event entry exceeded max_allowed_packet; Increase max_allowed_packet on
master'
               Last_SQL_Errno: 1594
               Last_SQL_Error: Relay log read failure: Could not parse relay log event
entry. The possible reasons are: the master's binary log is corrupted (you can check this
by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the binary log), the slave's relay log is corrupted (you can
check this by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the relay log), a network problem, or a bug in the
master's or slave's MySQL code. If you want to check the master's binary log or slave's
relay log, you will be able to know their names by issuing 'SHOW SLAVE STATUS' on this
slave.

I have tried telling it to skip that transaction (set global sql_slave_skip_counter = 1)
to no avail.

From what I have been able to determine from searching the Internet, it appears that the
replication is failing replicating blobs ahich are basically jpg's of members.  If I
understand the problem, it is caused by blob containing a character which is the same
character that is used to mark the end of a transaction in the bin log.

My questions: 1) Is this a reasonable/correct analysis and 2) how do I work around the
issue?

Thanks,

Carl

Thread
Replication issueCarl16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueSuresh Kuna16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueReindl Harald16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueElizabeth Mattijsen16 Feb
  • Re: Replication issueCarl16 Feb