List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:February 16 2011 5:04am
Subject:Limit of Mysql
View as plain text
Dear all,

I want to know the upper limit of mysql after which Mysql-5.*  fails to
handle large amount of data ( 100's of GB or 100's of TB's ) . After
which we have to move to some NoSQL databases ( Hadoop, Hive , Hbase).

Currently we have 100 of GB's  data in Mysql -5.1 RDBMS.

Is anyone has some experience of moving from these open -source databses
( Mysql, Postgresql ) to some mechanism of handling data in file systems.

Please share the views.

Thanks & best regards,

Adarsh Sharma

Thread
Limit of MysqlAdarsh Sharma16 Feb
  • Re: Limit of MysqlReindl Harald16 Feb
    • Re: Limit of MysqlJohan De Meersman16 Feb