List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 15 2011 3:10pm
Subject:Re: CR: add support of interactive transactions for webclients
View as plain text
I can't speak for the MySQL people, but in my view your "workaround" is the
correct way of implementing this. It is not the database's job to keep track
of which user wants to keep what session open, and HTTP is stateless by
design. Keeping transactions open for relatively long periods of time would
be a major load on the database, as it needs to keep track of all the
different changesets and consistent views. I'd rather have my database be
good at handling data :-)

I can see your need, but that's what middleware is for.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
CR: add support of interactive transactions for webclientsHerbert Huber14 Feb
  • Re: CR: add support of interactive transactions for webclientsJohan De Meersman15 Feb