List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards Date:February 15 2011 12:46pm
Subject:Multi slave-single master
View as plain text
Good day all

        I just have a quick question in order to confirm something..

        If I remember correctly, one master are allowed to have more
than one slave server (i.e. serverA can be master to both serverB and
serverC)

        Am I correct in this matter?

        We are busy with a migration to new hardware this weekend and my
plan is to setup the new master server as a slave to current production
master in order to get all data in sync and during switchover to simply
shutdown current production and change over to the new servers using
relevant configuration.

Regards
Machiel

Thread
Multi slave-single masterMachiel Richards15 Feb
  • Re: Multi slave-single masterjoao15 Feb
    • RE: Multi slave-single masterDaevid Vincent15 Feb