List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 10 2011 2:58pm
Subject:Re: High disk usage
View as plain text
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Santiago Soares
<santiagosoares@stripped>wrote:

> With a show global status I see a strange behavior:
> | Open_files                        | 286       |
> | Opened_files                      | 1050743   |
>
> At this time the database has just started (about 10 minutes).

That's quite a lot for ten minutes, yes. Increasing the open table cache,
query cache and/or index cache might help, depending on data size, table
types (I'd assume mostly InnoDB based off your pool size), et cetera.

Basically it's a matter of finding out why you open and close so many files,
as that's likely to be one of the causes of the I/O waits.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
High disk usageSantiago Soares10 Feb
  • Re: High disk usageSantiago Soares10 Feb
    • Re: High disk usageJohnny Withers10 Feb
  • Re: High disk usageJohan De Meersman10 Feb
    • Re: High disk usageSantiago Soares10 Feb
      • Re: High disk usageSantiago Soares10 Feb
      • Re: High disk usageElizabeth Mattijsen10 Feb
Re: High disk usageSantiago Soares10 Feb