List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 9 2011 6:10pm
Subject:Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySql
View as plain text
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Jerry Schwartz <jerry@stripped> wrote:

> [JS] Actually, I've done a lot of tracing recently (to solve my own
> performance problems), and Access 2007 is very clever at pulling parts of a
> dataset and a number of other things. For example, when you are browsing a
> dataset Access will pre-fetch records 20 at a time.

Good to know that performance enhancements have been made, but what I'm
specifically thinking of is joins between remote tables - have you got data
on how it handles those ?

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
      • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlDavid Brian Chait9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
      • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
        • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
          • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlReindl Harald9 Feb