List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:February 9 2011 6:02pm
Subject:RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySql
View as plain text

[JS] Actually, I've done a lot of tracing recently (to solve my own
performance problems), and Access 2007 is very clever at pulling parts of a
dataset and a number of other things. For example, when you are browsing a
dataset Access will pre-fetch records 20 at a time.

There are some places where it bogs down badly, mostly when it needs to make
sure that its local data cache is synchronized with the MySQL database. That's
where I'm having trouble.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com

>On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Y z <yankel@stripped> wrote:
>

>> I have a windows app that wants to talk to either a) an access database, b)
>> a MS Sql Express database, or c) a MS Sql 2008 database.
>>
>> Can anyone please point me in the direction of configuring My Sql to
>> imitate any of the above?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> --
>>

>--
>Bier met grenadyn
>Is als mosterd by den wyn
>Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
      • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlDavid Brian Chait9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
      • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
        • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
          • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlReindl Harald9 Feb