List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Brian Chait Date:February 9 2011 4:40pm
Subject:RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySql
View as plain text
No, what he is suggesting is that you use Access or MSSQL, and link Mysql to either
platform via ODBC so that you can use it indirectly. All databases are not the same in
terms structure and capabilities..you most likely will not be able to swap one out for
another and make it work directly with your app. If there is an absolute requirement to
use Mysql then you may be better off finding a different front end software that supports
it, if not then embrace the fact that you will in all likelihood be maintaining a MS DB
server for it. Not that it is such a bad thing, most corporate environments are
heterogeneous these days, not geared toward one platform vs. another.

-David