List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Y z Date:February 9 2011 4:32pm
Subject:RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySql
View as plain text

Thanks. The developer cheerily informs me that Access is 'deprecated' and will be phased
out. So, SQL it is.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'passthrough'. Do you mean
MYSQL

ODBC

Win app
?

If so, where do I go to learn how to configure MySQL and ODBC to dance together nicely,
and talk to the app?

Thanks!

> No way to do that directly; however, using the MySQL ODBC connector you can
> get at least a) and c) to play passthrough. Performance will likely suffer,
> though; especially Access' Jet Engine has a tendency to pull in full remote
> datasets instead of passing through the query.
>

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Y z  wrote:
>

> > I have a windows app that wants to talk to either a) an access database, b)
> > a MS Sql Express database, or c) a MS Sql 2008 database.
> >
> > Can anyone please point me in the direction of configuring My Sql to
> > imitate any of the above?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > --

> Bier met grenadyn
> Is als mosterd by den wyn
> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
      • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlDavid Brian Chait9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
      • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
        • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
          • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlReindl Harald9 Feb