List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:February 9 2011 6:18am
Subject:Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySql
View as plain text

Am 09.02.2011 06:36, schrieb Y z:

> I have a windows app that wants to talk to either a) an access database, b) a MS
> Sql Express database, or c) a MS Sql 2008 database.
>
> Can anyone please point me in the direction of configuring My Sql to
> imitate any of the above?

no way if the application has no abstraction-layer
you can not easy switvh from one rdbms to another
because in a closed source app you will even not
can connect

after connect there are hughe differences in many details

so if a application does not support a specific rdbms
you can not use it

Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
      • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlDavid Brian Chait9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
      • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
        • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
          • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlReindl Harald9 Feb