List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 9 2011 6:17am
Subject:Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySql
View as plain text
No way to do that directly; however, using the MySQL ODBC connector you can
get at least a) and c) to play passthrough. Performance will likely suffer,
though; especially Access' Jet Engine has a tendency to pull in full remote
datasets instead of passing through the query.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Y z <yankel@stripped> wrote:

> I have a windows app that wants to talk to either a) an access database, b)
> a MS Sql Express database, or c) a MS Sql 2008 database.
>
> Can anyone please point me in the direction of configuring My Sql to
> imitate any of the above?
>
> Thanks!

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlY z9 Feb
      • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlDavid Brian Chait9 Feb
    • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
      • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
        • RE: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJerry Schwartz9 Feb
          • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlJohan De Meersman9 Feb
  • Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySqlReindl Harald9 Feb