List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vinubalaji Gopal Date:February 4 2011 7:09pm
Subject:writing to disk at a configurable time
View as plain text
Hi all,
  I wanted to know if Mysql allows me to configure it such that the
writes to disk happen at a configurable time or after the buffers have
enough data. Say there are 10 clients connecting to mysql and each one
is inserting a row - I want to only write to disk when the buffer has
enough data (say all the 10 rows are written to the main memory) or at
some configurable interval. I know there could be  a data loss in this
case (if a crash happens before the buffer is written to disk) but I
am willing to take that risk in the application.

--
Vinu
Thread