List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:February 4 2011 3:27pm
Subject:RE: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?
View as plain text

[JS] <snip>

>the query was just
>
>SELECT * FROM wasfoundin WHERE yakoright LIKE '%geography%'

[JS] I think it is the leading "%" that is causing the problem.

I don't have a ready solution. Perhaps a full-text index would help, but I'm
not sure.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com

>> Yannis,
>> 	How is the data structured? Can you give us an example of the queries
>that you are trying to run? Do you have indexes in place? A very inefficient
>query, or poorly structured database can lead to this type of timeout issue
>on
>the type of low end hardware that you are using.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David

Thread
How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?Yannis Haralambous4 Feb
  • RE: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?David Brian Chait4 Feb
    • Re: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?Yannis Haralambous4 Feb
      • Re: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?Johan De Meersman4 Feb
      • RE: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?Jerry Schwartz4 Feb
      • Re: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?Kevin Spencer5 Feb
        • Re: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?Feris Thia5 Feb
RE: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?David Brian Chait4 Feb