List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Noel Butler Date:January 31 2011 10:38am
Subject:Re: libmysqlclient.so.16 no version information available
View as plain text
On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 10:52 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> You need mysql-5.1 compat-libs package
> or rebuild applications against 5.5
>
> for feddora/rhel type "compat-mysql51" in google
> there are packages from remi since he builds 5.5
>
> this is nothing new and was the same with 5.1
> while applications was linked against 5.0

HUH? These are all source builds,  I did not have this problem
previously, I don't use package maintainers versions.
I have source builds of mysql, postfix, dovecot, apache, php, bind -
pretty much all the common main daemons, i don't trust distro butchers ,
err, i mean maintainers, for these critical apps.

thanks anyway.

> Am 31.01.2011 09:24, schrieb Noel Butler:
> >
> > Arg!  This abomination  5.5 is causing more headaches,
> >
> > postfix will not run, I've heard dovecot may not either, amongst others
> >

> > postconf: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16: no version information available
> (required by postcon
> > /etc/init.d/postfix start
> > * Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix
>              postconf:
> > /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16: no version information available (required by
> postconf)
> > /usr/sbin/postconf: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16: no version information
> available (required by /usr/sbin/postconf)
> > /usr/sbin/postconf: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16: no version information
> available (required by /usr/sbin/postconf)
> >
>        [fail]
> > *sigh*  Why was this removed, or is this another side affect of that amazing
> winblozy P.O.S cmake?

libmysqlclient.so.16 no version information availableNoel Butler31 Jan
  • Re: libmysqlclient.so.16 no version information availableReindl Harald31 Jan
    • Re: libmysqlclient.so.16 no version information availableNoel Butler31 Jan
      • Re: libmysqlclient.so.16 no version information availableReindl Harald31 Jan
        • Re: libmysqlclient.so.16 no version information availableNoel Butler31 Jan
    • Re: libmysqlclient.so.16 no version information availableJoerg Bruehe31 Jan