List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Filipus Klutiero Date:January 30 2011 9:34pm
Subject:What collations for UCS distinguishing accented characters from their
unaccented equivalents are available?
View as plain text
Hi,
an international site has some content in several latin languages, for
example English and French. Sometimes 2 pages, one in English and one in
French, have the same name except for an accent (for example, in
English, Demonstration, in French, Démonstration). The site's database
schema enforces page names to be unique. Trying to convert the content
to support UCS, this causes a problem because the collation we tried
using, utf8_unicode_ci, consider an accented letter and its unaccented
representation as the same.

What collations for UCS exist that distinguish accented characters from
their unaccented equivalents? I saw utf8_bin, but that seems very
different from utf8_unicode_ci, which I would like to use if it wasn't
for this problem. I would like something as close to utf8_unicode_ci as
possible.
Thread
What collations for UCS distinguishing accented characters from theirunaccented equivalents are available?Filipus Klutiero30 Jan
  • Re: What collations for UCS distinguishing accented characters fromtheir unaccented equivalents are available?Joerg Bruehe31 Jan