List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:January 28 2011 9:47pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB and rsync
View as plain text
Am 28.01.2011 22:30, schrieb Robinson, Eric:

> Our current model has been working well since 2006. We will be careful
> to verify the reliability of any proposed changes.
>
> Have a great day!

this is ok because MyISAM is so simple that you can even without any
flushes make a copy while the server is running and after a "repair table"
on the destination machine all tables are useable

With InnoDB it is much difficult because "table spaces"
Eeven with "innodb_file_per_table" there are dependencies
of the table-files and "ibdata1" in the main datadir

If there is only a minimal problem it is possible that mysqld
will not start and if this is a time where you need your backup
really you would like to die :-)

Even if there would be documentaed ways to rsync while the
server is running i would never ever do that because it is
so hot that a simple mysql-bug in a later release could break
it temporarliy and you would not notice this, so you sgould simply
go a safe way

* flush atbles
* rsync while mysqld is running
* stop mysqld
* second rsync

With this steps you can  copy real big databases with a minimum downtime,
to reduce this again select a local folder as target if your disks are fast
and after mysqld is runnign again you can sync this copy to another machine
without stress

Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesReindl Harald21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesMySQL)21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesJoerg Bruehe24 Jan
      • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
        • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
          • RE: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of twoInnoDB tablesGavin Towey25 Jan
            • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford25 Jan
  • InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMattia Merzi25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
      • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
        • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
        • RE: InnoDB and rsyncJerry Schwartz25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncSteve Musumeche25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMichael Dykman28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncEric Bergen1 Feb