List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:January 26 2011 11:29am
Subject:Re: InnoDB and rsync
View as plain text
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Robinson, Eric <eric.robinson@stripped>wrote:

> > > You need to quiesce the InnoDb background threads. One technique is
> > > mentioned here:
> > > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/innodb-multiple-tablesp
> > aces.html
> > >
> > > Look for the section talking about "clean" backups.
> >
> > Now we're talkin. I'll check it out.
> >

> I read that section but it is not at all clear (1) how one quiesces the
> InnoDB background threads, or (2) if there is a way to keep them
> quiesced while the backup is in progress.

From what I see there:

> You can make a clean backup .ibd file using the following method:
>
>    1.
>
>    Stop all activity from the
> *mysqld*<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqld.html>server and commit all
> transactions.
>    2.
>
>    Wait until SHOW ENGINE INNODB
> STATUS<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-engine.html>shows that there are
> no active transactions in the database, and the main
>    thread status of InnoDB is Waiting for server activity. Then you can
>    make a copy of the .ibd file.
>
> I would assume that "flush tables with read lock" would work for 1. and
then you wait for 2. to happen. Probably shouldn't take very long,
especially in the quiet moments.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesReindl Harald21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesMySQL)21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesJoerg Bruehe24 Jan
      • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
        • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
          • RE: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of twoInnoDB tablesGavin Towey25 Jan
            • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford25 Jan
  • InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMattia Merzi25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
      • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
        • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
        • RE: InnoDB and rsyncJerry Schwartz25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncSteve Musumeche25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMichael Dykman28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncEric Bergen1 Feb