List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Robinson Date:January 25 2011 10:35pm
Subject:RE: InnoDB and rsync
View as plain text
> 240 mysql-instances on 3 physical hosts?
> what crazy setup is this please?

Processors average 90% idle, peaks are low, iowait is low, the system is
not swapping, response time is good, and our users are happy all around
the country. What is crazy about that?

> The whole world can work with replication-slaves and you are
> the only one who installing an endless count of
> mysql-services instead a hand of large instances

I don't know how the rest of the world does it, but we have been doing
it like this since 2006 and it has worked great and we have never
regretted having multiple instances of mysql. In fact, it is really
great because we can maintain each customer's service individually, stop
and start mysql without affecting other customers, turn query logs on
and off for each customer, customize performance parameters, and so on.
I can maintain a customer's database right in the middle of a production
day and the other customers won't even notice! It has been great being
able to do all these things.

> outside mysql would ever think of backup a running db-server

Then you're just not Googling very well. :-)

--Eric

Disclaimer - January 25, 2011
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
Reindl Harald,mysql@stripped. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians'
Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care
or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this email or attachments.
Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesReindl Harald21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesMySQL)21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesJoerg Bruehe24 Jan
      • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
        • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
          • RE: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of twoInnoDB tablesGavin Towey25 Jan
            • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford25 Jan
  • InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMattia Merzi25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
      • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
        • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
        • RE: InnoDB and rsyncJerry Schwartz25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncSteve Musumeche25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMichael Dykman28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncEric Bergen1 Feb