List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Robinson Date:January 25 2011 3:56pm
Subject:RE: InnoDB and rsync
View as plain text
> nobody cares if they are binary replica as long
> as the data is consistent and ident

Like I said, I'm no expert on this, but my approach seems like the only
way to 100% absolutely sure that the data on the slave is in fact
consistent and identical to the data on tha master.

> so start another slave on the machine with his own socket for
> backups

You say that like it doesn't mean a huge amount of additional work,
expense, and complexity. We currently have 240+ master MySQL instances
and are adding them at a rate of several per week.

Based on everything you've said so far, I still prefer my solution. I
just need a way to make the same thing work with InnoDB.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - January 25, 2011
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
Reindl Harald,mysql@stripped. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians'
Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care
or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this email or attachments.
Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesReindl Harald21 Jan
  • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesMySQL)21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford21 Jan
    • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDBtablesJoerg Bruehe24 Jan
      • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
        • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford24 Jan
          • RE: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of twoInnoDB tablesGavin Towey25 Jan
            • Re: Slow query on MySQL4 server doing simple inner join of two InnoDB tablesKendall Gifford25 Jan
  • InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMattia Merzi25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
      • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman25 Jan
        • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
        • RE: InnoDB and rsyncJerry Schwartz25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncSteve Musumeche25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMySQL)26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson25 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncJohan De Meersman26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson26 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncMichael Dykman28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncReindl Harald28 Jan
  • RE: InnoDB and rsyncEric Robinson28 Jan
    • Re: InnoDB and rsyncEric Bergen1 Feb