List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:João Cândido de Souza Neto Date:January 21 2011 5:46pm
Subject:Re: CURRENT insert ID
View as plain text
Ok, you must have your own reasons to do that.

in the same table and record even in a trigger.

So, the best way is a second update.

--

"Darryle Steplight" <dsteplight@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
news:AANLkTim+fjYUoU+1A5RG9eFS+NnaZXT7K+Ho-q=f-GjM@ style="color:#666">stripped...

> the
> same value.
>
> --
>
> ""Jerry Schwartz"" <jerry@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
> Here it is in a nutshell:
>

> I have a field that needs to be set equal to the auto-increment ID as a
> record is entered. I don't know how to do this without a subsequent UPDATE
> (which I can do with a trigger). Is there any way to avoid the cost of an
> UPDATE?
>

> Here's a more concrete description of the problem:
>

> CREATE TABLE t (
>
> id INT(11) AUTO-INCREMENT PRIMARY,
>
> xxx INT(11)
>
> );
>

> When a record is added to table `t`, I need to set `xxx` to the value
> generated for `id`. (`xxx` might be changed later.)
>

> Is there anything clever I can do?
>

> Regards,
>

> Jerry Schwartz
>
> Global Information Incorporated
>
> 195 Farmington Ave.
>
> Farmington, CT 06032
>

> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>
> E-mail:  <mailto:jerry@stripped> jerry@stripped
>
> Web site:  <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com

"May the Source be with you."

Thread
CURRENT insert IDJerry Schwartz21 Jan
  • Re: CURRENT insert IDjoao21 Jan
    • Re: CURRENT insert IDDarryle Steplight21 Jan
  • Re: CURRENT insert IDjoao21 Jan
    • RE: CURRENT insert IDJerry Schwartz21 Jan
      • Re: CURRENT insert IDDonovan Brooke22 Jan
        • Re: CURRENT insert IDJesper Wisborg Krogh22 Jan
        • RE: CURRENT insert IDJerry Schwartz24 Jan
          • Re: CURRENT insert IDMark Goodge24 Jan
      • Re: CURRENT insert IDJaime Crespo Rincón24 Jan
  • Re: CURRENT insert IDCarsten Pedersen23 Jan
    • Re: CURRENT insert IDCarsten Pedersen23 Jan
    • RE: CURRENT insert IDJerry Schwartz24 Jan
Re: CURRENT insert IDMichael Dykman21 Jan