List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anthony Pace Date:January 20 2011 7:11pm
Subject:Re: best way to have a unique key
View as plain text
I know of uuid() my problem is that there can be conflicts when copying
the DB to a different machine, or working with sections of the db on
different machines for load balancing.

On 1/20/2011 1:44 PM, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> >  Please keep in mind this variable will also be displayed on the customer's
> >  Receipt, but again, since it's random, it doesn't have to mean anything.

Thread
best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
  • Re: best way to have a unique keyKrishna Chandra Prajapati20 Jan
    • Re: best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
      • Re: best way to have a unique keyLuciano Furtado20 Jan
    • RE: best way to have a unique keyDaevid Vincent20 Jan
Re: best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
  • Re: best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
    • Re: best way to have a unique keyMichael Dykman20 Jan
  • Re: best way to have a unique keyJohan De Meersman21 Jan
    • RE: best way to have a unique keyJerry Schwartz21 Jan
      • Re: best way to have a unique keyMichael Satterwhite21 Jan
    • Re: best way to have a unique keyMichael Dykman21 Jan
      • RE: best way to have a unique keyJerry Schwartz21 Jan