List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:January 20 2011 6:44pm
Subject:Re: best way to have a unique key
View as plain text
uuid()

Krishna

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Anthony Pace <anthony.pace@stripped>wrote:

> Due to certain reasons, the company I am doing business with has decided
> that the primary key, for an orders table, be a unique key; however, I don't
> like the possibility of it conflicting if moved to another machine.
>
> What are some pitfalls of using a unique key, that is generated by a server
> side script, rather than by mysql?
> What are the best ways to do this?
>
> Please keep in mind this variable will also be displayed on the customer's
> Receipt, but again, since it's random, it doesn't have to mean anything.

best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
  • Re: best way to have a unique keyKrishna Chandra Prajapati20 Jan
    • Re: best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
      • Re: best way to have a unique keyLuciano Furtado20 Jan
    • RE: best way to have a unique keyDaevid Vincent20 Jan
Re: best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
  • Re: best way to have a unique keyAnthony Pace20 Jan
    • Re: best way to have a unique keyMichael Dykman20 Jan
  • Re: best way to have a unique keyJohan De Meersman21 Jan
    • RE: best way to have a unique keyJerry Schwartz21 Jan
      • Re: best way to have a unique keyMichael Satterwhite21 Jan
    • Re: best way to have a unique keyMichael Dykman21 Jan
      • RE: best way to have a unique keyJerry Schwartz21 Jan