List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<swagat.lenka Date:January 20 2011 1:14pm
Subject:Loading Unicode Data to mySQL
View as plain text
Hi,

Currently we are trying to load Unicode data encoded in UTF-8 to mySQL but the data is
getting corrupted during load. Loading is done through Informatica (ETL Tool) and data is
properly extracted and interpreted by Informatica but still it is failing to load it in
the correct format. When we are trying to insert the same data manually it is successful
i.e. data is getting loaded to mySQL successfully. Also when loading is done to a flat
file or Oracle then also loading is happening as usual.

Given below are the details:

Server:  MySQL
Version: 5.1.51-enterprise-gpl-pro-log

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set%';

+--------------------------+----------------------------+
Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8
| character_set_connection | utf8
| character_set_database   | utf8
| character_set_filesystem   | binary
| character_set_results    | utf8
| character_set_server     | utf8
| character_set_system     | utf8
| character_sets_dir     | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/
+--------------------------+----------------------------+

Mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'collation%';

+----------------------+-------------------+
| Variable_name        | Value             |
+----------------------+-------------------+
| collation_connection | utf8_unicode_ci
| collation_database   | utf8_unicode_ci
| collation_server     | utf8_unicode_ci
+----------------------+-------------------+

Table details:

Column Data type: TEXT
Collation: utf8 - utf8_unicode_ci
Engine: InnoDB
Column Collation: Table Default

ODBC DRIVER: 6.0

Please suggest based on the above settings what we can do to load Unicode data.

Best Regards
Swagat

or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is
prohibited.

  • Re: Loading Unicode Data to mySQLJaime Crespo Rinc√≥n20 Jan