List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sairam Krishnamurthy Date:January 18 2011 5:42pm
Subject:Re: Large table
View as plain text

I have another problem with the partition. Once I create a partition,
the first table contains 700 million rows and I started adding new
values to the second table. And I have a View with the following

CREATE VIEW view_name AS SELECT * FROM table_1 UNION SELECT * from table_2;

Now, the problem is, when I query the view, MySql is creating a temp
table from these two tables and queries the temp table. Because of the
size of the original tables, the temp table creation is very slow. I
looked at the processing algorithms for views and I not sure about the
difference between MERGE, and TEMPTABLE.

Can you guys please advise on what is the best way to do this?

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Sairam Krishnamurthy
<kmsram420@stripped> wrote:
> Yogesh,
> The type is MyISAM. So i guess size is not a matter for now. I am well over
> the limit for MyISAM. I will partition the table and check.
> Thanks,
> Sairam Krishnamurthy
> +1 612 859 8161
> On 01/14/2011 01:27 AM, Yogesh Kore wrote:
> What is the table type for Table?
> Firstly check with queries and index if required. Check if queries using
> this table can be fine tuned. Check if table getting locked.
> If size of table is problem and if the table type is innodb check for
> innodb_file_per_table options. Also have a look for portioning.
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Sairam Krishnamurthy <kmsram420@stripped>
> wrote:
>> All,
>> I have a very large table. It has about 1 billion rows. Initially
>> everything was fine. But now the table is a bit slow. Loaded takes a lot of
>> time. I usually load in chunks of 22 million rows.
>> Is the size of the table any way related to the performance? I am not sure
>> about this.
>> Will splitting the table and having a "view" from multiple table increase
>> the performance?
>> Thanks in advance.
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Sairam Krishnamurthy
>> +1 612 859 8161
Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy13 Jan
  • Re: Large tableYogesh Kore14 Jan
    • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy14 Jan
      • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy18 Jan
        • Re: Large tableMichael Dykman18 Jan
  • Re: Large tableKrishna Chandra Prajapati14 Jan