List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:December 29 1999 9:38pm
Subject:RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Andy" == Andy  <andy1@stripped> writes:

Andy> At 12:12 PM 12/29/99 +0200, you wrote:
>> As soon as we haven't got any bad bug reports for a month;  We are not
>> anymore adding any features that would make it unstable again.  Many

Andy> Hi Monty,

Andy> I remember you said a while ago that 3.23.9 will allow
Andy> concurrent read and write (not just INSERT, but presumably
Andy> REPLACE & UPDATE?). Is that still the plan? Your saying

Andy> "We are not anymore adding any features..."
Andy> makes me wonder. Concurrent read/write would *really* help me.

Sorry, I have never said that we will have concurrent replace & update in
the near future.  With MyISAM and HEAP it would introduce the problems
of dirty reads and we are not yet prepared to allow the use of
optional dirty reads..

We are however working on adding a new table handler that will
supports transactions.  This handler will have smaller granularity on
locks, but if you do a GROUP BY on everything, you will still get
something similar to table locks.  (This is common on most systems that
uses page locking).

As the above is done by just modifying a new class, this will not make
the 3.23 server more instable (it may only be a bit more instable IF
you use this new table type...)

Andy> Thanks for the great work!

Thanks.

Andy> Andy

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Insert delayed causing table corruption?struanb29 Nov
  • Re: Insert delayed causing table corruption?sinisa29 Nov
  • Insert delayed causing table corruption?Michael Widenius28 Dec
    • RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Steven Roussey29 Dec
      • RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Michael Widenius29 Dec
        • RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Steven Roussey29 Dec
          • Re: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Sasha Pachev29 Dec
          • RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Michael Widenius30 Dec
        • Table lockingSteven Roussey4 Jan
          • Re: Table lockingBenjamin Pflugmann4 Jan
            • Re: Table lockingMichael Widenius4 Jan
              • Optimize TableSteven Roussey5 Jan
                • Optimize TableMichael Widenius5 Jan
            • RE: Table lockingSteven Roussey4 Jan
RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Andy29 Dec
  • RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Michael Widenius30 Dec
RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Andy30 Dec
  • RE: Insert delayed causing table corruption?Michael Widenius30 Dec
    • The table 'SQL24d1ab_0' is fullDavid Moreno S.30 Dec
      • Re: The table 'SQL24d1ab_0' is fulljpabuyer30 Dec