List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:January 15 2011 2:24pm
Subject:Re: Incorrect key file for table
View as plain text
On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
<sql06@stripped>wrote:

> On Saturday 15 January 2011 00:28, Johnny Withers wrote:
> > The result of your query without the join
> > probably exceeded your tmp_table_size variable. When this
> > occurs, MySQL quit writing the temp table to disk thus producing an
> > incorrect table file. (I think).
>
> Yes, part of this was my fault (the missing join) but I still wonder why
> the
> server processed the query. Would it not be more appropriate with an error
> message saying that this query contain an error?

Most likely (too lazy to actually check :-p ) your SQL was syntacticlaly
correct, so it tried to answer the question you asked. Which, unfortunately,
was not the question you wanted to ask :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Incorrect key file for tableJørn Dahl-Stamnes14 Jan
  • Re: Incorrect key file for tableJohan De Meersman14 Jan
    • Re: Incorrect key file for tableJørn Dahl-Stamnes14 Jan
      • Re: Incorrect key file for tableJohnny Withers15 Jan
        • Re: Incorrect key file for tableJørn Dahl-Stamnes15 Jan
          • Re: Incorrect key file for tableJohan De Meersman15 Jan
          • Re: Incorrect key file for tableMySQL)15 Jan
  • RE: Incorrect key file for tableJerry Schwartz14 Jan