List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sairam Krishnamurthy Date:January 14 2011 8:08pm
Subject:Re: Large table
View as plain text
Yogesh,

The type is MyISAM. So i guess size is not a matter for now. I am well
over the limit for MyISAM. I will partition the table and check.

Thanks,
Sairam Krishnamurthy
+1 612 859 8161

On 01/14/2011 01:27 AM, Yogesh Kore wrote:
> What is the table type for Table?
>
> Firstly check with queries and index if required. Check if queries
> using this table can be fine tuned. Check if table getting locked.
>
> If size of table is problem and if the table type is innodb check for
> innodb_file_per_table options. Also have a look for portioning.
>

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Sairam Krishnamurthy
> <kmsram420@stripped <mailto:kmsram420@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     All,
>
>     I have a very large table. It has about 1 billion rows. Initially
>     everything was fine. But now the table is a bit slow. Loaded takes
>     a lot of time. I usually load in chunks of 22 million rows.
>
>     Is the size of the table any way related to the performance? I am
>     not sure about this.
>
>     Will splitting the table and having a "view" from multiple table
>     increase the performance?
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
>     --
>     Thanks,
>     Sairam Krishnamurthy
>     +1 612 859 8161

Thread
Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy13 Jan
  • Re: Large tableYogesh Kore14 Jan
    • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy14 Jan
      • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy18 Jan
        • Re: Large tableMichael Dykman18 Jan
  • Re: Large tableKrishna Chandra Prajapati14 Jan