List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:January 14 2011 10:05am
Subject:Re: Large table
View as plain text
partitioning will help u

Krishna

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Sairam Krishnamurthy
<kmsram420@stripped>wrote:

> All,
>
> I have a very large table. It has about 1 billion rows. Initially
> everything was fine. But now the table is a bit slow. Loaded takes a lot of
> time. I usually load in chunks of 22 million rows.
>
> Is the size of the table any way related to the performance? I am not sure
> about this.
>
> Will splitting the table and having a "view" from multiple table increase
> the performance?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Sairam Krishnamurthy
> +1 612 859 8161

Thread
Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy13 Jan
  • Re: Large tableYogesh Kore14 Jan
    • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy14 Jan
      • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy18 Jan
        • Re: Large tableMichael Dykman18 Jan
  • Re: Large tableKrishna Chandra Prajapati14 Jan