List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sairam Krishnamurthy Date:January 13 2011 10:48pm
Subject:Large table
View as plain text
All,

I have a very large table. It has about 1 billion rows. Initially
everything was fine. But now the table is a bit slow. Loaded takes a lot
of time. I usually load in chunks of 22 million rows.

Is the size of the table any way related to the performance? I am not
sure about this.

Will splitting the table and having a "view" from multiple table
increase the performance?

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks,
Sairam Krishnamurthy

Thread
Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy13 Jan
  • Re: Large tableYogesh Kore14 Jan
    • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy14 Jan
      • Re: Large tableSairam Krishnamurthy18 Jan
        • Re: Large tableMichael Dykman18 Jan
  • Re: Large tableKrishna Chandra Prajapati14 Jan