List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:January 13 2011 8:06pm
Subject:re: I/O read performance
View as plain text
On 1/13/2011 1:44 PM, Steve Staples wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been noticing a little lag in my application lately,  it seems as
> if 1 table in 1 database is getting slower to read from.   Mind you,
> that table is being accessed a LOT of times per second every hour of
> every day, and then the "application" searches on this same table too.
MyISAM? What does Show Status Like 'key%' show for read efficiency? Is
key_buffer_size near 25% of RAM? Is key_reads/key_read_requests < 1/100?

InnoDB? is innodb_buffer_pool_size approx 80% of available RAM? What
does max_connections * ( sort_buffer + record_buffer ) + max_connections
* 2 MB evaluate to, and what's available RAM?

PB

----

In my sandbox, it is fast to search (as there is no other reads/queries
on that table), so i don't think it is disk i/o (but you never know
right?).  I've also double checked all the indexing, to insure indexes
are used.

What I was wondering is, are the reads/queries simultaneous, or are they
sequential?  would symlinking the file to another db make any difference
(or is that even possible)?

any insight would be appreciated, or even any ideas on what I may do to
increase the performance, or even how to measure where the issue could
be would help as well.

Steve

Thread
I/O read performanceSteve Staples13 Jan
  • Re: I/O read performanceJohnny Withers13 Jan
  • Re: I/O read performanceMichael Dykman13 Jan
    • Re: I/O read performanceSteve Staples13 Jan
      • Re: I/O read performanceSteve Meyers13 Jan
        • Re: I/O read performanceSteve Staples13 Jan
          • Re: I/O read performanceSteve Meyers13 Jan
          • Re: I/O read performanceReindl Harald13 Jan
            • Re: I/O read performanceSteve Meyers14 Jan
re: I/O read performancePeter Brawley13 Jan