List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:January 12 2011 3:26pm
Subject:Which row in which table has been accessed at which time?
View as plain text
Hi listers
I have a mysql web application. in this application it would be fine to
be able to track the database entries i have visited, because often
later on i grat my head: which entry did i see this already in?
So i would need a way to find out which entries in which table i have
visited lately.
i first created a last_access table column and updated it before
selecting the table entry, but alas, this way i also updated the
last_update entry of the table which has "on update current_timestamp".
it can't be done this way.
i also looked for an "on select" event in mysql, but i was not sucessful.
also, the "show status" command was not helpful.
the complicated way would be to create a special table and make entries
into it whenever i access entries in different tables.
when googling around i  found,  it is even not  easy  to find out, which
tables have been accessed in general. if, now, i want to know even which
row in a particular table has been accessed at which time, the problem
gets even more difficult.
does anybody have a solution to this, which is easier than the
complicated way mentionned earlier?

thanks for any hints.

suomi
Thread
Which row in which table has been accessed at which time?mysql12 Jan
  • Re: Which row in which table has been accessed at which time?Martijn Tonies12 Jan
  • Re: Which row in which table has been accessed at which time?MySQL)12 Jan
  • Function QuestionNicholas Moreno12 Jan
    • Re: Function Questionmos12 Jan