List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:January 10 2011 3:22pm
Subject:RE: export result from select statement
View as plain text

[JS] The command you wrote doesn't redirect the input of the client. It should
read

#mysql -username -pxxx dbname < /home/me/testing/text.sql >
/home/me/testing/text.txt

By the way, it is a bad idea to use "test" as a file or directory name. It is
very easy to accidentally invoke the "test" command, which can really make you
scratch your head.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com

>Jerry Schwartz wrote:
>> The technique I've settled on is this:
>>
>> mysql blah blah blah < the_select_query.sql > the_output_i_want.txt
>>
>> That gives you a tab-delimited text file with column headings.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jerry Schwartz
>> Global Information Incorporated
>> 195 Farmington Ave.
>> Farmington, CT 06032
>>
>> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>> E-mail: jerry@stripped

export result from select statementLAMP9 Jan
  • Re: export result from select statementEric Bergen9 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementLAMP10 Jan
  • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz9 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementMichael Dykman9 Jan
      • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz10 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementLAMP10 Jan
      • Re: export result from select statementYogesh Kore10 Jan
      • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz10 Jan