List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yogesh Kore Date:January 10 2011 5:58am
Subject:Re: export result from select statement
View as plain text
#mysql -username -p -e  "select * from table_name where id=123" >
'/home/me/test/test.txt'

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 8:15 AM, LAMP <lamp@stripped> wrote:

> maybe it's "clear" to other but it's pretty unclear.
> #mysql -username -p "select * from table_name where id=123" >
> '/home/me/test/test.txt'
> actually doesn't work?!?
>

> Jerry Schwartz wrote:
>
>> The technique I've settled on is this:
>>
>> mysql blah blah blah < the_select_query.sql > the_output_i_want.txt
>>
>> That gives you a tab-delimited text file with column headings.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jerry Schwartz
>> Global Information Incorporated
>> 195 Farmington Ave.
>> Farmington, CT 06032
>>
>> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>> E-mail: jerry@stripped
>> Web site: www.the-infoshop.com

export result from select statementLAMP9 Jan
  • Re: export result from select statementEric Bergen9 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementLAMP10 Jan
  • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz9 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementMichael Dykman9 Jan
      • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz10 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementLAMP10 Jan
      • Re: export result from select statementYogesh Kore10 Jan
      • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz10 Jan