List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LAMP Date:January 10 2011 2:42am
Subject:Re: export result from select statement
View as plain text
Eric Bergen wrote:
> select into outfile is the correct way. What do you mean by doesn't
> work? Does it give you an error?

It was an issue with permissions :-)

Thanks

> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM, LAMP <lamp@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>> I wonder how to store to csv or txt file result from SELECT query? not a
>> whole table nor database. Just results from SELECT query.
>> Usually I use MySQL Query Browser and Export feature, but in this case I
>> don't have access with MySQL Query Browser. Though, I have a command line
>> access.
>> I found on one place something like
>> #SELECT 2+2 into outfile '/path/to/specific/directory/test.csv';
>> Though, it doesn't work?!?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --

export result from select statementLAMP9 Jan
  • Re: export result from select statementEric Bergen9 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementLAMP10 Jan
  • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz9 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementMichael Dykman9 Jan
      • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz10 Jan
    • Re: export result from select statementLAMP10 Jan
      • Re: export result from select statementYogesh Kore10 Jan
      • RE: export result from select statementJerry Schwartz10 Jan