List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 14 1999 3:08pm
Subject:compiling with -o32 errors
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jang" == Jang Kim <kimj@stripped> writes:

Jang> Hi,
Jang>         I'm trying to compile an application using the -32 option using the
Jang> cc compiler.  Unfortunately, I keep getting this error:

Jang> ld: FATAL 12: Expecting o32 objects:
Jang> /net/hu4/kimj/vrmidtown-1/dbEngine/irix/lib/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o) is n32.

Jang> I'm running mysql-3.22.15-gamma with an sgi O2 running irix 6.4

Jang> Is there a way I can recompile libmysqlclient.a so that it will accept the
Jang> -32 option?  Are there any patches/fixes out there for this??  I REALLY need
Jang> some help with this one.
Jang> Thanx in advance!!

Hi!

What do you mean with '..so that it will accept the -32 option'?  The
problem is with your compiler and not with the MySQL client library.

You can probably recompile libmysqlclient with:

CFLAGS=-32 ./configure --without-server

Is the above what you are looking after ?

Regards,
Monty

Thread
compiling with -o32 errorsJang Kim14 Mar
  • compiling with -o32 errorsMichael Widenius15 Mar