List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green (MySQL) Date:January 4 2011 8:14pm
Subject:Re: Close connetion
View as plain text
On 1/4/2011 14:47, Rafael Valenzuela wrote:
> Hi everyone:
> I've a problem , this is   error , i've looking
> in for google and documentation of  mysql  and nothing.
> there any way to close connections with any command of mysql,  i've
> modification the  timeout and connexion number

Any user with the SUPER privilege should be able to use the KILL command
to tell a MySQL client connection to self-terminate. Note, MySQL does
not have a way to force-close a connection; the must see that it was
flagged to stop and clean up after itself.

Stopping a long-running command may require a rollback. Rollbacks may be
up to 30x slower to unwind than the command itself required to make the
pending changes.  Be aware of this as you evaluate your options.

Shawn Green
Oracle USA, Inc.
Office: Blountville, TN
Close connetionRafael Valenzuela4 Jan
  • Re: Close connetionMichael Dykman4 Jan
  • Re: Close connetionMySQL)4 Jan
    • Re: Close connetionRafael Valenzuela4 Jan