List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sairam Krishnamurthy Date:January 4 2011 6:03pm
Subject:Re: Loading date takes a long time after replication
View as plain text
Any pointers on this issue ?

Thanks,
Sairam Krishnamurthy
+1 612 859 8161

On 01/03/2011 01:51 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
> What is the output of "show full processlist"
>
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Sairam Krishnamurthy
> <kmsram420@stripped <mailto:kmsram420@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I set up replication some days back. Because of some internal
>     issues we canceled the replication and reset the master to be a
>     normal database server. But after this "revert", the database is
>     unusually slow.
>
>     It was slow because of the discussion below when replication was
>     on. But I wonder why it is slow now after the master has been
>     reset. By reset I mean, commenting out the master setup lines in
>     the my.cnf file, removal of logs and restarting the database.
>
>     Thanks in advance
>

>     Thanks,
>     Sairam Krishnamurthy
>     +1 612 859 8161
>

>     On 12/06/2010 04:47 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
>
>         Also, make sure your /tmp folder is on a separate and fast disk.
>         We had similar issues and we moved /tmp folder from Local to
>         SAN storage and it was quite fast.
>
>         regards
>         anandkl
>
>         On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Johan De Meersman
>         <vegivamp@stripped <mailto:vegivamp@stripped>
>         <mailto:vegivamp@stripped <mailto:vegivamp@stripped>>>
> wrote:
>
>            Are you saying that mass inserts go much slower now that
>         you've set up
>            replication? In that case, I suspect you have your binlogs
>         on the
>            same disk
>            as your data.
>
>            Put the binary logs on separate disks, and you'll notice a
>            dramatic increase
>            in performance.
>

>            On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Sairam Krishnamurthy
>         <kmsram420@stripped <mailto:kmsram420@stripped>
>         <mailto:kmsram420@stripped
> <mailto:kmsram420@stripped>>>wrote:
>

>         > All,
>         >
>         > I have a situation. We have a very large database(gigabytes).
>            When we load
>         > the data in to the table, it will be huge again (20 million
>            rows). So in
>         > order to get good backup we set up a replication(master-slave
>            setup). But
>         > now, because of this setup, loading into the table takes hours
>            which will be
>         > generally done in a few minutes otherwise.
>         >
>         > Is there a workaround for this? We really don't want to wait for
>            hours for
>         > the table to be loaded. Should we abandon replication for this?
>            Any pointers
>         > ?
>         >
>         > --
>         > Thanks,
>         > Sairam Krishnamurthy
>         > +1 612 859 8161
>         >
>         >

> [...]

  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationJohan De Meersman6 Dec
    • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
        • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy4 Jan
  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationRaj Shekhar7 Dec