List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Suresh Kuna Date:January 3 2011 5:38am
Subject:Re: Issue while SymLinking a Database
View as plain text
Hey Adarsh,

If no downtime then the only way is lock with write on the table, move to
the new space, create symlink, flush the table.

Remember, this symlinks will have issues if you execute any maintenance on
these tables which are moved.

Better idea - As the tables are MyISAM, move one database dir one at a time
by locking all tables and create a symlink for the database folder.