List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:January 3 2011 5:26am
Subject:Issue while SymLinking a Database
View as plain text
Dear all,

I am working on a stable solution for resolving Space Issue of data
directory of MyISAM tables.
We have a table of 70GB in /hdd-1/mysql_data path and there is 10GB
space available space in Hard Disk.Now the table expects to grow upto 150Gb.

I have some doubts regarding Symlinking a database. The steps involved
are :-

1. Shutdown the server.
2. Create a new directory and move your database to new drive.
3. Symlink the database in the original directory and change permissions.

This involves a lot of time to move 70Gb data to new place.

Well this wouldn't be the perfect solution I'm looking for.

Is there any particular solution that requires no server shutdown and
any client query operations affected and simply put new data into
another partition.

Would Partitioning is the only rescue operation?

Please help me to find a stable and standardized solution.

Thanks & Regards

Adarsh Sharma
Thread
Issue while SymLinking a DatabaseAdarsh Sharma3 Jan
  • Re: Issue while SymLinking a DatabaseSuresh Kuna3 Jan