List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:December 29 2010 8:25pm
Subject:/etc/init.d/mysql start WITHOUT integrity check?
View as plain text
Is there a way to "/etc/init.d/mysql start" WITHOUT doing an integrity
check?

Can I pass in a command line parameter or set something in the my.cnf file?

Our DB is a Billion rows (with a "B") and that check can take HOURS.

All we want to do is restart the server to put another slave online because
sadly "/etc/init.d/mysql reload" does NOT re-load the config file (as one
might hope), it is only to reload PRIVS (how useless is that since GRANT
already does that).

Thread
/etc/init.d/mysql start WITHOUT integrity check?Daevid Vincent29 Dec
  • RE: /etc/init.d/mysql start WITHOUT integrity check?andrew.2.moore30 Dec
    • Re: /etc/init.d/mysql start WITHOUT integrity check?Wagner Bianchi30 Dec
      • RE: /etc/init.d/mysql start WITHOUT integrity check?Daevid Vincent30 Dec
        • Re: /etc/init.d/mysql start WITHOUT integrity check?Shawn Green30 Dec