List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:December 27 2010 5:14pm
Subject:Re: Back-up Plan for Large Database
View as plain text
*You have no guarantee the data on the slave matches the master 100%.*
*
*
Try it with *semi-synchronous* replication.

Best regards.
--
Wagner Bianchi

2010/12/27 Johnny Withers <johnny@stripped>

> Might want to check out LVM snapshots:
>

> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/08/21/using-lvm-for-mysql-backup-and-replication-setup/
>
> <
>
> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/08/21/using-lvm-for-mysql-backup-and-replication-setup/
> >Using
> a slave to pull backups from is something I would not do. You have no
> guarantee the data on the slave matches the master 100%.
>

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sharma@stripped
> >wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Back-up is the most important thing that need special attention. We have
> > production Mysql Server of near about 200 GB data and expect to grow @ 50
> GB
> > per month.
> >
> > Our application continuously writes data in Mysql tables.
> >
> > I followed some Links but want some more thoughts to choose best option.
> >
> > http://www.zmanda.com/mysql-backup-considerations.html
> >
> > I also read about RAID and some other features too.
> >
> > But I want to know what is the best back up plan for 24/7 running Large
> > Production Mysql Cluster.
> >

> > Thanks & Regards
> >
> > Adarsh Sharma
> >
> > --
> http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1
> >

> --
> -----------------------------
> Johnny Withers
> 601.209.4985
> johnny@stripped

Thread
Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseAdarsh Sharma27 Dec
  • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseWagner Bianchi27 Dec
  • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseJohnny Withers27 Dec
    • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseWagner Bianchi27 Dec
      • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseJohnny Withers27 Dec
      • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseBrent Clark28 Dec