List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johnny Withers Date:December 27 2010 3:00pm
Subject:Re: Back-up Plan for Large Database
View as plain text
Might want to check out LVM snapshots:

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/08/21/using-lvm-for-mysql-backup-and-replication-setup/

<http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/08/21/using-lvm-for-mysql-backup-and-replication-setup/>Using
a slave to pull backups from is something I would not do. You have no
guarantee the data on the slave matches the master 100%.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sharma@stripped>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Back-up is the most important thing that need special attention. We have a
> production Mysql Server of near about 200 GB data and expect to grow @ 50 GB
> per month.
>
> Our application continuously writes data in Mysql tables.
>
> I followed some Links but want some more thoughts to choose best option.
>
> http://www.zmanda.com/mysql-backup-considerations.html
>
> I also read about RAID and some other features too.
>
> But I want to know what is the best back up plan for 24/7 running Large
> Production Mysql Cluster.
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Adarsh Sharma

-----------------------------
Johnny Withers
601.209.4985
johnny@stripped

Thread
Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseAdarsh Sharma27 Dec
  • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseWagner Bianchi27 Dec
  • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseJohnny Withers27 Dec
    • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseWagner Bianchi27 Dec
      • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseJohnny Withers27 Dec
      • Re: Back-up Plan for Large DatabaseBrent Clark28 Dec