List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:December 20 2010 10:21pm
Subject:Trigger?
View as plain text
I've never used a trigger before, and I want to make one that sounds like it
should be simple.

Create Table: CREATE TABLE `testtrigger` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `foo` char(10) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=4 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Here's what I want to do: if no value is supplied for `foo`, or if a NULL
value is supplied for `foo`, I want to set it to a particular value.

I tried things like this:

SET NEW.foo = IFNULL(NEW.foo,'ok')

But that didn't work.

If you point me in the right direction, I'll be okay from there (I hope).

Thanks.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated