List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:December 20 2010 5:59pm
Subject:Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 version
View as plain text
Hi Noel, all!

Noel Butler wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 10:08 -0300, Alejandro Bednarik wrote:
>> You are right. In previous version init script have a default value, now is
>> empty.
>>
>> mysql 5.1..53   -   basedir=/usr/local/mysql
>>
>> mysql-5.5.8  -   basedir=.
>>

> /me ponders at who the IDIOT is that decided that cmake is the way of
> mysql now.
>  I mean WTF...

It was the ones who realized that two different build mechanisms
(autotools for Unix, cmake for Windows) will always cause divergence,
when one is maintained with a change and the other isn't.

Being database people, we know the importance of consistency  ;)

> [[...]]
>
> /me sticks with 5.1

Do as you like, but realize that 5.1 won't see major development in the
future and will be put on "extended support only" in due time.

So if anybody encounters differences between 5.1 and 5.5 in such
settings which aren't documented (= by intention, or unavoidable),
please file bugs to get them fixed.

Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bruehe@stripped
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionYangontha Maung16 Dec
  • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionYangontha Maung16 Dec
    • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionAlejandro Bednarik16 Dec
      • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionNoel Butler19 Dec
        • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionJoerg Bruehe20 Dec
          • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionNoel Butler21 Dec
  • Unable to add users with MySQL 5.5.8 under WindowsTim Thorburn16 Dec
    • Re: Unable to add users with MySQL 5.5.8 under WindowsTim Thorburn16 Dec
      • Re: Unable to add users with MySQL 5.5.8 under WindowsMySQL)16 Dec