List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:December 19 2010 12:11pm
Subject:Re: Query Stored Index instead of Group By
View as plain text
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 3:19 AM, Feris Thia <
milis.database@stripped> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is there a way to query values stored in our index instead of using "group
> by" selection which will produce same results ?

You can't query the index directly, but if you select only fields that are
in the index, no table lookups will be performed - this is called a covering

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Query Stored Index instead of Group ByFeris Thia19 Dec
  • Re: Query Stored Index instead of Group ByJohan De Meersman19 Dec
    • Re: Query Stored Index instead of Group ByFeris Thia21 Dec